Do I need any special software to use the Parent Portal?
- Computer or mobile device with Internet access – A minimum dial-up modem speed of 56Kbs – a slower connection will work but not as well.
- The company hosting the Parent Portal recommends using Internet Explorer 7 or 8 or Safari 3.0 or 4.0. Schooltool may still be accessible using unsupported operating systems and browsers (i.e., Firefox), but there is no guarantee functionality, performance, or security if the minimum requirements are not met.
- Adobe Reader – This is a free document reader available for download on the web at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/ There are some reports that require the Adobe Reader.
How often do I need to fill out the parent portal application?
- You only need to fill out the application once to create the account. Younger siblings will become visible on the portal once they become school age and register for school. Accounts are carried over from year to year as long as you do not move out of the district.
What happens if I forget my user ID or password?
- Simply enter your email address, with no password, and click the “login” button. You will then be presented with the “Forgot…” link. Just follow that process to have your password emailed.
What happens if my email address changes?
- Please contact the CPCS Main Office at 518-597-3285 with any change of information. Once your account change has been processed, your parent portal user name will be updated to reflect the new email address as well. You should allow from 24 to 48 hours for any changes to be reflected in the system.
How often is information updated in the parent portal?
- Demographic, attendance and discipline information is updated in real time. Scheduling information becomes available on the date the changes is scheduled to occur. For assignment information, you may want to contact your child’s individual teachers to ask how often they update assignment information. Teachers can be contacted directly through the parent portal by viewing the child’s schedule and clicking on the email icon next to the teacher’s name.
Can I access parent portal from anywhere (Home, Work, Library …)?
- Yes. As long as you meet the minimum computer and Internet access requirements. Certain employers do place restrictions on sites employees can visit while at work. You may want to contact your employer’s IT department to find out what your terms of service are.
How do I change my personal information including address, or telephone numbers?
- Please notify your child’s school for any such change of information.
What if the parent portal reflects an incorrect grade for my child?
- You will want to contact your child’s Guidance Counselor and/or Teacher.